The 3rd APCTP workshop on multiferroics will be held in Tokyo, Japan from January 17th to January 19th, 2011 at the Kagami Memorial Research Institute for Materials Science and Technology ("ZAIKEN") of Waseda University.
The APCTP workshop on multiferroics focuses on recent developments in the field of multiferroic materials. It is structured to combine both the experimental and theoretical studies and presents the latest results from scientists, mainly from member countries of the Asia Pacific Center for Theoretical Physics (APCTP). Particularly, the 3rd workshop will be held in combination with the RIKEN Advanced Science Institute workshop on multiferroics and cross-correlated materials, sponsored by the RIKEN Advanced Science Institute in Japan. The 3rd workshop is supported in part by Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research on Priority Areas "Novel States of Matter Induced by Frustration", MEXT, Japan.
The following subjects related to multiferroic research will be discussed during the workshop:
- Synthesis and characterization of bulk samples
- Fabrication and characterization of thin films
- Experimental and theoretical techniques for understanding cross-correlated phenomena
- Interface (including heterostructures, surfaces, and domains)
- Composite and nano-structured multiferroics
- Design and discovery of new materials
Deadline for registration and abstract submission
November 7: 17:00 JST (GMT+09 hours)